Empty Road, Rainy day, Thankful souls

It was rainy and I was having my puff shot for the day watching the stranded roads, empty streets and wondering how quick things turned upside down in the past few weeks. 

The nation went into a lockdown, these are the very same roads I rode miles and hours long on my little adventurous ride way back in 2016. 

We crossed the Maharashtra border, despite the heavy rain we continued further, it was our second day . It was in fact my first ever ride, it seemed adventures, but it came at the cost of persistence and a lot of exhaustion to deal with, which I never knew that I could push at this level. 

"they say it's not the destination but the journey you will fall in love with, maybe that's true!". 

We decided to stop by, we were hungry like real hungry hungry..! we took the off-road leading to some village, we could spot distant lights there and we also heard a little music with high pitch tone songs, must be there weekend party, who knows may it's their everyday normal, far away from the urban rat race.

We stopped at the little hut, the place was illuminating in the red shades of chimney, it's been ages since I saw one, from that light a innocent voice came out ...kya chayehe , it was a small kid, he looked a bit frightened and excited to see the monsters im sitting on. I could feel those vibes the exact ones I had when I saw this beauty for the very first time. 

I lifted him up and made him sit on the tank, he was so happy. he asked, bhaya mey horn chala sakth huu kya .. I happily said yes and he honked the horn like he was sending a victory tone. 

Two men walked to us and the taller among them looked inquiringly at us and asked from where are you coming, how long have you been travelling. The other guy, short and well dressed, interrupted and told the tall guy to remain silent and turned to us and asked, did you guys have something for dinner.

Actually, we were very hungry, we couldn't spot any dhaba nearby that's why we had to take this route, I replied. oh, I am very sorry for you guys, said the short guy looking at us concerned. 

He immediately ordered his men to make some roties for us and asked us whether we would prefer any rice . My friend I'm travelling with is a Tamilian and he immediately opted for rice . 

The short guy laughed and said of course , you guys must be from south India if I'm not wrong. we laughed agreeingly. 

After having a little talk, our dinner arrived and they offered roti with egg bhurji and with some rice , his men apologized for not having enough varieties to serve us. 

In the deserted land and after those long journeys I felt that's more than a Taj banjara platter I could get at that time . 

That every bite I had only reminded me how thankful i'm to these people. their hospitality is unmatchable, these innocent souls are all I could ask for . 

I watched my bike glowing under the light and thanked it for taking to this very moment I'm searching for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness