Maradalu Pilla- Part1

Bava... Bava, bring some more sand, our castle is almost ready.

Yeah, I'm on it, there you go!

Wow look it's complete, beautiful isn't it.

Indeed it is ...

We walked away from there holding our hands, humming to the good old song "chiiti chilakama amma kottendha...."

Fast forward and it's been 20 years, I never met her in a while and never had a chance too. Of course, I would have contacted her through my parents but it's a bit complicated process and guess I am not up for that.

 

Hello, hey hi Abhi wassup man. It was Anu on the phone, my best friend from college. 

 

Hey, Hi Anu, I said in a loud voice

 

You seem excited and where were you travelling...those sounds?

 

Yeah, I'm heading to Rajahmundry, attending for my cousin's marriage, guess what, I'm going to meet her after 20 years. I'm quite excited about this moment and a bit nervous too.

 

Ohh, don't say me it is your childhood sister in law, the same old character I have been listening to for ages.

 

Yeah...yeah...it's her.

 

Hmm... enjoy man!

 

Actually, you should wish me all the best.

 

Ok nerd " all the best ", for god sake don't switch into nerd mode and confuse people ..be cool haa!


Roger that...and I hung up the line with laughs.

 

I got down out of the bus where I was Instructed to and looked up for someone to pick me up to the venue and here is my mavya(uncle) himself on a bullet bike, physically fit, and dressed as the cops do for their morning walk.

 

Come on man, hop on let's ride, he said in a loud, energetic tone.

 

Yeah sure thanks mavya ( and some of sought of the formal conversation went on, like a commando's interview, that's how I felt)

 

We rode to the venue and I was eagerly waiting to see her, imagine the situation like standing beside her father and evading eyes in search of her, someone should really have the balls to do that!

 

Btw my dad is also here, we hugged each other and with no further delay I asked him, will you introduce me to people around here or should I sit here dumb?.


okay hold on your horses, I know what you are searching for, he said winking (for many reasons he is my hero).

 

My dad called her " hey Ramya come here don't you want to meet someone special here ".


She came in and I was just fixated watching her, the same cuteness I have dreamt of all these years and she was in one of those ethnic dresses, with black spectacles which added to her beauty. Man, these chasmaa girls are beautiful, I thought. Then my dad interrupted, Abhi what are you thinking, speak to her, then someone called her and she immediately left, I felt awkward.

 

Hours passed and everybody was rambling around, you know it's marriage and it's quite obvious to see people acting on their adrenaline levels, scrutinizing jewellery, envious eyes and yes, nostalgia.


Amid all this I was searching for her but there is no sign of her, I lost my hope, maybe she forgot all those good old days, or maybe I don't have importance at all, or maybe I have imagined it too much, maybe I was nothing to her .....god! I was cooked with thoughts.

 

I opened my tab and switched into my One Note app, you know like every time letting myself into solitude, lost in my thoughts and jolting them down. 


This time I thought of penning down a fictional Love story between me and her. At least I was good at it, I thought to myself and at an earnest pace, I was depicting the characters with a perfect Bollywood romance which otherwise wouldn't be possible in my real life, after all, that's what fiction is all about. 

 

Then someone patted my back and said "mmmm maybe it can happen in real life too, Abhi! ", peering into my screen she sat beside me.

 

Err, I stuttered, I'm sorry I was just...just ...(man! I lost my vocab )

 

I still remember the castle.

 

You did? omg!  I was dying with my thoughts that you almost forgot me.

 

No, I haven't forgotten, Neither the castle nor you Abhi!

 

Okay, now I'm somersaulting, like already!. 

 

Haha, you are crazy!

 

Maybe more than that, 20 years, you really don't have an idea what I have gone through I said trying to refrain from my tears.

 

Why did it take that long to find me Abhi, I miss you BAVA!

 

Bava !! Now I'm almost dead ..Maradalu Pilla

 

She smiled, I smiled and we exchanged numbers! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness