Maradalu Pilla-Part2

 Just like another day, it ended with dance class and I was drenched in sweat like I just had a shower. 

I peddled faster to my hostel to be there by scheduled dinner time, else I won't be able to have one because our hostel attendant, bamma garu is very strict about timings, like she was a veteran of the military. 

The breeze looked very refreshing tonight. You can never predict how the weather will turn out to be here at KAKINADA. As the wind speed up, I started to hear the songs louder. 


oh, btw those songs are from the exhibition next to our hostel that was going on for a month now, sometimes sounds annoying and at times fits into my playlist. 


My favorite song from the Hello movie started to play and this one is special to me, whenever I hear it I quickly carry my thoughts to my Maradalu Pilla Ramya and the second time I met her at home. 

 

"Hey, Abhi I hope you are free with your schedule. How about lunch tomorrow?" It's my Maya on the phone. 


"Sorry, I think I will make it to dinner, will that be ok Mavya garu? " I tried to sound as polite as I could.


"Yeah great will meet you tomorrow evening then ", and he hung up the phone. 


I quickly googled the college dates, the odds that she will be at home, my probability theory is giving me an optimistic answer so I made some preparations if not the dapper thing. 

 

I parked my bicycle, oh that Stand thing it annoys me every fucking time!. I was hesitating to knock on the door and their pet dog started to bark at me, ok thanks for the welcome song, bitch! at least you will help me in this way to notify them that there is a stranger at their doorstep.

 

My Ataya(aunt) showed up at the door and welcomed me, "it's ok Jimmy it's our family member ", she said to the dog. Guess what,  that's a good sign when she quotes 'family member', I was giggling in my head. 

 

Well, I walked inside quickly glancing, of course you know the reason, I could see the only granny, and it seemed like my Ataya had spotted my desperate looks.


She said, "oh they went out to buy a cake, they are going to celebrate mother's Day tonight, they won't be available for next Sunday so" 


Ohh so nice of them( for the record I never wished my mom on mother's Day I said to myself). 

 

They arrived, and my Mavya greeted me " hey young man how are you, hmm seems like you are getting into shape, good for you", and gave a warm hug. 

 

Of course, what do I say, “anything for my Maradalu Pilla”, I said to myself and just tried to put a smile on my face for some joke he cracked which I never listened to, even if I did I won't be able to deduce anything that's way complicated for me the "Jabardasth humour". 

 

She stood behind him in W brand black, orange shaded kurtha and her earrings, damn! I still remember that impression of her, he handed the cake to her and told her to place it in the fridge so that we can have the celebration after we are done with dinner.


She quickly slipped out of my sight, maybe I should learn how to sneak around without being caught but for now, I was just sitting there in the hall. 

 

We took seats at the dining table and the menu went like this, sambar the first and foremost important thing for me, chicken fry, chicken curry, biryani, mutton, and fish. What else does a hostler want, happy tears!

 

I remarked wow Ataya this chicken fry is awesome, I never tasted such in ages.

 

"Oh Ramya prepared it, and she loves cooking "

 

I already started dancing inside my head.

 

"Oh is it? nice, you know Ataya last time my mom and I tried to fry a chicken and it ended up like a new dish that will be classified under non-edible one.", and everyone started laughing, I was glad that I could even pull off a joke. 

 

We finished the dinner followed by a celebration, I had only a chunk of cake though, I was on Diet, you know.

 

Ataya went to the kitchen and Mavya went to park his car. I felt this is the right time to speak to her "so how is it going and thanks for that lovely food, chicken, you nailed it !"

 

She smiled.

 

"Come on Ramya speak something, I'm too desperate"

 

She laughed again and said "it's good to see you Bava after a long time, actually I saw you the other day at CCD seems like you were discussing something about electrons and all the stuff with journals around you "

 

"Oh, is it you  should have bumped in "

 

"No way I'm not going to stress out myself, I was hanging with my friends at Ibaco at that time, the store next to CCD".

 

"Oh I have been there once, and I won't forget how that chocolate sauce ruined my ice cream by freezing up like a stone "

 

"Haha, yeah that happened with me too, hey maybe next time you should try the almond nuts toppings with caramel sauce "

 

"Impressive!, sounds like a perfect combo, hey how about you and I go this Tuesday evening and try this new suggested combination of yours ?".

 

"Hmm..have to think about it ".

 

"Cool, no pushing was just desperate ", I giggled

 

"No nothing like that, hmm, ok done, will meet "

 

"Great then, I'm looking forward to it"

 

She smiled and having noticed my Mavya's arrival we quickly changed the topic to electrons and she too said yeah the ions in unison". Wow, what a rapport we had, I thought".

 

"Ok Mavya garu I will make a movie then, thanks for the lovely dinner ", I said and waved at Ataya. 

 

 

 

  

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness