My Year in Books,2020

 My year in books,2020 is a quite a mix of non-fiction and fiction genres. 'How we got to know' will join my all time best reads in my literary world.

In total I read 24 books in 2020, out of which 12 books were of non-fiction, well that sounds like a pretty balance in hindsight but it wasn't planned, I promise. 

Although I personally don't prefer rating books one over the other but since I am putting this in public, guess I have to do it and here are my Top 5 picks and hey please do drop me your suggestions based on my reading list preference below, thank you.

MY TOP 5 Picks 


1. 

'How we got to know', I will classify this one as breakthrough knowledge. It made me see the historical importance of a innovation and how a particular product which we took for granted has evolved through years of innovation, network of innovations as author puts it. 


2.


'Mindfuck', is like prologue and epilogue to the Netflix's Social Dilemma. Christopher Wylie, the whistle blower of Cambridge Analytica takes us to the darker side of Web history. You will literally get  scared after reading that, I promise.


3.


'A Burning', this is more like a snippet stripped from the current political dynamics happening right now here in our very own country. How radical thoughts blind us and overlook the lives of minorities and how far a mere comment on social wall could lead to.


4.


'Building a brand story', this a framework for your story, be it a presentation, be it a pitch, it got you covered. If you are in a marketing world and from a non-B school, then this is for you to build basics, probably. 


5.

'The Future we choose', is like a Bhagavat Gita oath book reference at court hearing except this one is for climate change, it is high time for us to take oath and a promise for 1.5 deg global warming and how we could succed in fulfilling it, that' where this one guides you. 

Novels I read in 2020

  1. Still house lake by Rachel Caine 
  2. Structures : Or Why Things Don't Fall Down, Book by J. E. Gordon
  3. The pod
  4. Building A story Brand by Donald Miller
  5. Asura by Anand neelakhatam
  6. Disappearing spoon by Sam Kean
  7. Selling secrets by Nick Constable 
  8. A burning by Megha 
  9. Rising heat by permual murgan 
  10. Hooked by Nir Eyal
  11. Two magicians by satyajit Ray
  12. Varshas wedding night by chetna khanna
  13. Stephen Hawking black holes the BBC Lectures 
  14. To forgive by design by Henry petroski 
  15. Grandma's bag of stories by Sudha Murthy
  16. This is marketing by Seth Godin 
  17. Mindfuck by Christopher Wylie 
  18. The machine stops 
  19. Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail honeyman 
  20. How we got know by Steven Johnson
  21. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch 
  22. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseine 
  23. How Design makes the world by Scott Berkun
  24. The Future we choose by Christiana Figueres, Tom Rivett-Carnac 

I am really looking forward to indulge myself and expand my horizons in literary world. Hey if you have  made this far in ever attention grabbing world, do drop me your suggestions.

And I can't thank enough two persons who pushed me into this habit of learning through a different medium, Amar and the other person my very reason to start reading back in 2013, if you know you know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness