A fictional Doctor #2

When it's Sunday, I slip back into my book's fictional world; I like to read all day.

An excerpt from my current read says.

    "Sure. For the majority of people, what they love exists only in the imagination. The object of their love is not the man or woman of reality, but what he or she is like in their imagination. The person, in reality, is just a template used for the creation of this dream lover.

    Eventually, they find out the differences between their dream lover and the template. If they can get used to those differences, then they can be together. If not, they split up. It's as simple as that.”

That made me slip into thoughts of the fictional woman I met in real life at the dance class. What are you doing right now, Ms.doctor? I wondered in my thoughts.

"Bro, I need you to take me to the hospital right now. The kidney stone pain is getting severe", my roommate interrupted, seemingly he was in distress and pain.

We immediately reached the hospital and admitted him, surgery is scheduled for next week, but I think now we have no time from the amount of pain.

I filled out all the forms and rambled across departments to fill out the surgery checklists.

The doctors made a complete diagnosis and suggested putting him under observation for two days and then revising the surgery date. So we moved him to the General ward and made him rest there.

I had to stay back with him for the rest of the night, just in case he needed anything. While he was asleep, I took a walk on this massive balcony outside the wards.

The ambience seemed very calm, sure Corona had strained all the staff, at least for now. Thankfully, we have fewer cases and less distress. Salute to these warriors, I thought.


I heard someone calling my name, probably the attending staff, to fill some papers, I thought and turned only to find Roonie here.

What..? my girl is here calling my name, this is unbelievable, I thought to myself.

I paused and thought for a moment, correction, I am in her place at the college she is studying, so yeah, a thought that didn't strike earlier, but this is amazing.

I smiled and waved at her. Then, as I reached her, she said mockingly, "you seriously didn't hurt your friend to meet me, right"?.

"If I had known earlier that I could meet you here, I sure would have broken his parts", I said, punching my fist.

"She laughed widely" and directed me towards the nurse to fill in some formalities.

"I was assigned for night duty to this ward here", she said while I was filling the form.

"Yes, I called your Subramanyam sir and asked him to post here".

"Are you serious? How did you know him?" she questioned me, confused.

" I was just kidding, I saw his name on the board outside, so I just gave it a shot."

"Haha, very funny", she winked, and we both stepped outside the ward and wandered around.

We started to have a random conversation. Roonie shared how painfully and stoically she has to work in the pandemic despite being a house surgeon and how responsibilities were levied on her.

I felt sorry for her and very proud to have a friend like her. I tried to brighten up the mood and share my experience of the pandemic and how I was devouring momos in China when all this started back in 2019.

"Hey, you know what, let's have momos. I’m hungry right now," she insisted.

"Are you sure? It’s 10 pm, and you are on duty now. I mean, I can order it for you".

"Mr. Patient, I know how to order but don't worry, it's okay. If I leave for a while, my boss is a good friend of my mom, so I am sure he will excuse me".

"Okay, Ms. Doctor, let's go then".

Will we have cabs or autos at this time now?" I asked her inquiringly.

"I thought you had a bike, and you were holding the keys all along ".

"Yeah, we do have a Bullet Bike, but I never rode a bike. I only ride a scooter".

"That's okay, I can ride one ". She said, promising.

"Then it's cool, let's go", I said and reached the parking lot and rode the bullet bike to the restaurant nearby.

"They taste really good, yarr. "This restaurant opened recently, I didn't have any expectations, but they turned out to be good," she exclaimed.

"Yeah, tastes good to me, I tasted the authentic ones, but I think this is by far the best we could get in town," I said, shrugging.

We finished and reached out to the counter to pay the bill. I pulled my phone out to pay, she interrupted and urged that she would pay.

"I will pay for now, on your next visit, you shall pay, that equals, deal? ". I said convincingly.

"Cool, so you already planned our next visit then".

"I know doctors are busy, but I hope you make time for this Patient" I flirted.

"Okay, Mr Patient," she winked.

Comments

  1. Meeting her randomly, having random conversations, going on a ride, sharing food. Everyhing happened random right ?
    I might sound filmy but as you said its all your fictional feelings, this part of your story reminded me of "Modati Cinema" ( Navadeep's )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice imagination or it happen real brother😜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness