A fictional Doctor #3

On our way back to the hospital, the road felt empty with a cool breeze. Vizag roads are exceptional; most of them are filled with uphill and downhill, and it is crazy to think how humans and machines are weirdly similar. Both struggle on the ascent and slide on the descent, but we all cherish moving forward.

Roonie said something, turning her head back, but I could only half hear what she said. Her voice was clouded by the wind. So I signalled that I wasn’t able to listen to her.

She halted the bike and turned back, and said, “I wanted to shout loud now”.

“Are you sure”

“Yeah, crystal”

“Okay, but please don’t shout ‘help’, else I will be lynched if someone misinterpreted it”.

“Haha, don’t worry”.

She laid her foot on the ground and stood straight, and shouted her lungs out. The empty road and the surrounding hills reverbed like they were vibing along with this beauty. The third time she did that, we heard a whistle by the security guard, probably startled from his dizzy sleep.

We looked at each other and shouted, “oh fuck”. Roonie tried starting the bike, but it wouldn’t start. Maybe it was cold weather to blame. The guard was shouting at us and began to approach us.

I got down and pushed the bike from the back, and luckily the ignition caught up, and we quickly cruised to the campus.

We parked the bike and looked at each other and laughed out loud remembering what happened back there; all of a sudden, everything zoomed out from the point we stood, the cold breeze started to feel warm now, I moved closer to her and tucked the strand of hair behind her ear. I reached out her lips to kiss her, but the wailing ambulance tore us from a romantic interlude.

“It’s Code Red. I think I should go”, she said and pulled herself back.

“Yeah, totally”

She left to attend the case. I went to my friend’s ward and occupied the empty bed beside him. I wished they didn’t count me as a patient and diagnosed me while unconscious, and I slipped into sleep.

I felt someone moving me. I woke up only to find Roonie standing next to me. I knuckled and wished her Good morning.

“Come quickly with me. I have a place to show you”, she said hurriedly.

“Okay, sure will follow. What time is it”, I questioned, rubbing my eyes still trying to come out of the dizziness.

“Early enough for the Sun to show up in a moment”, She said.

“Okay”, I replied.

“You know what, in every chaos, we find a hiding spot, and the place I am about to show you is my favourite. This square inch feels like home to me”, she said and directed me to a locked balcony.


Seems like she has access to this place. She opened the lock and closed the door behind us, and we edged the corner of the roof. The scenic view from there just seemed unbelievable. I held her hand and welcomed the sun. All this felt surreal, standing next to my fictional character and having the most significant moment in my life.

“You won’t shout right now”, I questioned her, laughing.

“Haha, no”

We both laughed and enjoyed the view.

Comments

  1. A girl showing her favourite place to you is where she considers you as her favourite and one of the important persons in her life.
    This reminds me of Sesh's Evaru film.
    Beautifully written, when you read fictions we need to get a feeling to happen this in real that was there in your stories making these parts to be a perfect fictional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness