A fictional Doctor #4

It's been three months since we were known as friends, we exchanged our interests and followed each other on socials. They say there is nothing such as static; likewise, she doesn’t seem like a person I could put in my logical bubble of mine. Instead, her soul is a universe of understanding.

In our ever-connected world, we often feel isolated, but chatting with her makes my day. Honestly, switching chats between IG and WhatsApp with her is a multiverse way of communicating. The former goes with memes and the latter with stickers.

And I must admit, She is damn good at stickers games and made me feel like I'm already old for WhatsApp too. I already ousted myself from using snap, and of course, Tinder too. It is like alien tech used for extraterrestrial communication. That’s what I feel, at least.

I usually turn off the notifications for apps but setting a custom ringtone for her chat made me a teenager all over again. I'm sure developers of Android will go haywire if they see how I am using their tech.

I may be virtually close to her but asking her out is still a task that I cautiously needed to deal with, like the way I do with emails on a Monday rush.

They say engineers and doctors’ worlds don't match but look at us. We are the best of both worlds. She is an all-nighter, and I am a morning person, yet we find time for each other.

I gathered courage and texted, "Hey, you got any plans for the evening?"

"Yeah, actually we have a cultural night, so pretty much occupied".

"Why you ask" she enquired in follow up.

"Nothing, just thought of catching up for the evening, bored in the room", I replied.

Blue ticks showed up, but there was no response. I felt disappointed and switched back to the Korean series I was bingeing.

My phone rang after a while, and it was her.

"Hey, you know what, I wanted you to join the eve, what say"? She asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I would love to but won’t they ask for ID cards", I enquired stifling my excitement.

"That's okay. I can manage", she asserted.

"cool then, where to pick you up"?

"My place, in 30".

"will be there", I texted and rejoiced in joy and hopped to shower. I almost fell on the floor stepping on the soap, and it made me realise why there is no concept of bathroom dance like a bathroom singer.

I drove my car to her apartment and texted her that I was waiting at the parking lot.

She took way more time than I expected her to, but all that waiting didn’t seem like much, and if you are familiar with the Time dilation concept, I am experiencing one right now, waiting for this beauty. Hours seemed minutes!

She knocked on the window, signalling me for the door to open. Damn, at her first glance, I was stunned for a moment, if not for eternity.

I first read this in class 12th, I guess, the famous PV=nRT principle; if you twist and turn the temperature and Pressure parameters, your given volume will be squeezed out, and my heart is the volume factor here now.

The point being, she is drop-dead gorgeous in a red saree.

Probably annoyed, she knocked a couple of times. Finally, I snapped out and hurried to open the door and made her sit in the aisle. She gave this weird look, unaware of what I had been through. Closer to heaven girl, I thought.

"Shall we start, Mr Patient?" she asked, waving her hand at my eyes.

"Yeah, of course", I said, still trying hard to evade my eyes.

We drove to her college, and I must admit I was a bit scared with the apprehension that something would happen otherwise. But, when you are doing something in excitement, you don’t think about the consequences; instead, you would say F*ck it, I am doing it. And I was doing the same, having her beside me.

She might have spotted my tension. She held my hand and assured me: “chill na, I will manage”. We walked into the campus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness