A fictional Doctor #5

Roonie showed me around her classrooms block, the Laboratories she had to spend hours in and her lunch eating spot. Then, finally, we reached the fest venue, and the auditorium filled with people and they burst out like rain clattering on an empty shed.

She excused herself and left to meet her friends. I sat there watching the performances and some random speeches, which I am uninterested in. It was fun but felt irrelevant. I waited desperately for her to return.

She came back and brought her friends along, she introduced me to everyone, and she is a charm in making people comfortable around her. She boosted me to her friends, which is overwhelming. I mean, who wouldn’t.

We moved to the food section and started to have a random conversation with her friends, honestly, though I felt secluded, topics of interest, you know.

“Hey you have put on some weight, and this look didn’t match you much”, one of her friends commented on her.

How dare he talk to my girl like that? I would have straight away punched his face but stepped back and clenched my teeth. Having known her for months, I knew what efforts she had put through to be fit. Why don’t people see that? This fucker must be a decedent of the Neanderthal clan, I thought.

I sensed her discomfort. I immediately pulled out my phone and texted her, “I feel uncomfortable, let's go somewhere else.”

“Guys, I have a train to catch. I have to go now”, she said and rose to move.

"Do you want me to drop?"Her friend interrupted.

"No, it's fine, he is here to drop me", she said and pointed at me.

I felt exceptional like a chosen warrior; gaining someone's trust, especially from the girl I'm courting now, is a kind of proud feeling, you know.

"Should I drop you at home so you can pack things up, and then we can go to the station?" I asked.

"Why so rush? We still have 3 hours. Let’s drive along the beach road for a while", she requested.

Of course, that's what I wanted, spending more time with you, my Fictional Dr., I thought to myself.

I reached for my phone to play my playlist, not to mention, If I had to list that one skill set in my Resume, that would be 'best playlist maker', you know.

She hummed for the lyrics silently, sending the magical notes straight to my heart.

"Damn girl, you are a singer", I praised.

"No, no, just a bathroom singer,'' she dismissed politely.

I tried to stop laughing, remembering what happened back with me in the bathroom.

These are the same roads I travelled a couple of times, but now they seem to be paving the way to paradise.

"Hey, stop the car", she shouted all of a sudden.

I was startled and pressed hard on the brakes. "What happened?" I shouted back, feeling tense.

"It's Puppy", she said and pointed towards the stray puppy wandering on the footpath.

I relaxed and taunted her, "don't do like that again".

"But, it's Puppy. Do you have anything to eat?" she said in the cutest way I could ever imagine.

"Ok, let me see", I said and took out a biscuit packet from the glove box, probably left out last time when I was out with my friends.

She stepped out and reached to feed the puppy. I followed her and watched her leaning onto my car. She loves animals. Of course, that is what brought us closer. She has a pet dog Waffle, She loves him to the core. I wish I had a ration of love he experiences.

She giggled while the puppy kept feeding on biscuits. She seemed like a joyful kid who got a gift from Santa on Christmas Eve.

She started to dance, waving her saree in a Rhythm. she waved it like a loose kite wandering in an empty sky, and that made me slip into thoughts like a scientist has just discovered shape-shifting material.

The girl who started as a naive one a few months back is now here dancing like an angel. God, this feels magical, I thought.

I observed her mood shift. She stood disappointed. It dawned on me that it could be from the incident that happened back there in the fest, I thought.

I approached her and asked, " May I know what is bothering my Doctor at this hour".

"Nothing, leave it", she said and started to move towards the car.

''hey, you know what? I was watching this Korean series where the protagonist holds his girl", I said and held her hand and pulled her closer to me.

"Then"?she asked, still confused.

"He wants to measure her Weight," I said and lifted her holding onto her waist.

"So you are also gonna remind me that I'm heavy", she shouted with anger.

"Yes, you are heavy enough for my heart and lighter enough for the earth", I flirted.

She laughed wide with her misted eyes. I loosened my grip and made her slide on me. I am well aware of the sliding friction concept, but the intimate friction happening right now between us proved my understanding wrong.

At this point, My Heart started to pound like a turbocharged engine as I felt her bosom closer. I took a deep breath, went ahead and kissed her, and she showed back the love.

"Every atom of mine started to like you, girl". I admitted.

"You seriously brought your physics thought into this moment", she said and laughed.

We smiled and got back to the car. We packed the things and reached the station.

Her train arrived, and I helped her with luggage and tucked it underneath the seat. The whole boogie was asleep. We stood at the door. In a while, she will be miles away from me but right now she just inches closer to me.

"I know you would say No, If I asked you to stay back and plan to visit your waffle next time, but I'm gonna ask you anyway, please come back soon".

"Yes, Mr. Patient, your doctor will be back very soon", she said and kissed my forehead.

The train blew its horn and started to move. I hugged her tight and kissed her back on her forehead. I detrained and waved at her, wishing her to come back soon. As the train started to leave the station I felt she is already light years away from me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness