A Fictional Doctor #6

Roonie has been away for a week now, and it is the truest test of time. I woke up excited every day and waited the whole day to see her in dance class, but knowing that she was not around made me desperate.

I wish Quantum teleportation were a thing right now so that I could transport to her place in an instant, anyways; thanks to Technology, we were virtually connected all day. We hung out on video call for hours, she showed me her home around, and the waffle showed up wiggling his tail each time I called her, such a naughty messy boy he is.

Roonie returned after 14400 minutes. If you are wondering, that’s ten days, well, that is how I counted for her. Nothing beats the feeling of seeing her after a matter of weeks apart, and I’m happy that we’re done with that part of our lives.

Everyone loves surprises, and getting one from your special ones is ineffable. Roonie brought the famous Chicken pickle from her home town for me.

“How are the pickles?” she texted.

“Yes, good, they are spicy and sour but not as hot as you”, I flirted.

Grimacing Face emoji followed.

Like the characters of a Mani Ratnam movie, It was only a few dates in that we were both head over heels for each other. Yes, happily, there were more dates and more conversions, and we would dig into deep conversations and comfort each other.

In one conversation I was having with her, she told me about the painful experience she had to face during the surgery. She was operating on a woman who was a toddler’s mother, and he was waiting outside the ICU waiting for his mother to return. They gave their best effort, but the surgery got complicated, and she had to stand hopeless watching the woman take her last breath.

The more distressing thing about her profession was facing that kid and telling him that his mother was no longer coming for him and that he had to live the rest of his life with that truth.

During the pandemic, she had to face many such instances, yet she managed to mould herself into a strong person, and all I could do for her was listen.

As I said, she broke every box that I tried to put her in. She is complicated, sometimes messy, sometimes calm, but most importantly, she lives on her own choices, and I must say she wins people in her way.

We were on a movie date once, Roonie loves to binge-watch shows like a couch potato, but theatres were not her thing. Well, somehow, she agreed to come along. Maybe it’s the Popcorn which is her priority, chilli tomatoes flavoured, to be specific.

We were halfway through the movie, and she rose from her chair and started to leave and said, “I am going to wait outside at the Food corner. Meet me outside.”

“That’s very rude of you. I thought we could watch till the end. It was a good movie”, I snapped.

“Well, I did until now, it’s boring, whatever I’m leaving”, she said, shrugging her shoulders and left.

Is this our first fight, shit! Did I overreact, knowing that she hated to watch in the first place? I thought about it and regretted it. Nevertheless, my self-respect didn’t make me move from the chair.

My smartwatch notified me with a blink. I knew it was from her, and I didn’t stare at the message. Then my watch kept on notifying me, flooded with messages.

Annoyed, I opened my mobile and saw the first message. It was a Disappearing photo of a lift captioned with an emoji of a pout symbol. Well, if you are wondering, that’s a signal for a kiss, and the following messages were countdown.

“10”

“9”

“..1”


I rushed to the lift where she was standing. I almost fell on the wet floor, but I balanced myself like a pro would do with a gyroscope scooter. She leaned forward to stop me from falling, but she acted like nothing when I stared straight at her.

We stared at each other and acted like we were avoiding each other. Then, we entered the lift and occupied the opposite corners. I prayed like a reverent disciple for more wishes, tapping my fingers at the lift’s support bar. The first wish, no one except us and the other, for the door to close as soon as possible.

The door closed with a cling. In a moment, we were kissing intimately. Damn her Lipstick, it does something to me, hitting wildly chemical to my brain, and I’m a sucker for it.

“You taste strawberry.”

“Yes, this is the least flavour I would pick from my favourites”,

“In that case, I am ready to devour all other tastes”, I winked.

“Then go get a salad from the grocery store nearby”, she joked.

“Yes, I would, but before that..”, I said and reached her closer to kiss back but pulled back as the lift halted at the mid storey. An older woman entered aged 60 or so. She slowly walked in with the help of a walking stick and pressed the button to close the door.

We separated to the opposite corners again, and they say intermolecular forces work at least when they are far away, but our flying kisses attractive force managed to defy that. Roonie giggled at my desperation as I stomped my leg on the lift floor.

Probably the old woman overheard our secret love exchange, “young people, you should get a room”, she said and got down to the next floor.

We both looked at each other and laughed hard for the mess we shamelessly are into, and got down to the Ground floor.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness