My Love letter to Vizag

Dear Vizag, you beauty, you are widely famous for your breathtaking scenery and beaches. I might find substitutes for a fresh sea breeze or early morning sunshine, but the bond I've developed with you over the last three years is irreplaceable.

You've injected liveness into my ever-dull life, and even my day-to-day routine is set in a scenic paradise. You've made my heart alive again.

Storytelling
You gave me enough space to express myself. You made my first storytelling session happen, which I never thought I would attend let alone perform in it. You gave me a platform and people to listen to my story.

Did I tell you how much confidence I felt holding that mic and getting to say my story? It's not a perfect one, a boring one I admit but it was a great experience.


Book Review session
You made my Saturday evening wholesome with the reading sessions in the library. Every alternate Saturday evening, I met a curious bunch, where we expressed our ideas and shared perspectives. Our reading choices are different but the end idea of exchanging thoughts has emerged well.

Did I tell you how much simulating those sessions had been? And how happy I felt presenting my first book review of my favourite book, Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari.


Cycling
You are not perfect, you are filled with hilly bumpy roads but you know what with each uphill you built a stronger version of me, drenching me in real sweat. of course, you made that discomfort go away with the joy of the upstream sea breeze on a downhill.

I bet you even the silicon valley tech falls short of building a virtual escape version of you because you are an ever-changing landscape for every mile.

Did I tell you how accomplished I felt on hitting the 40 km mark every Sunday morning? Well, thanks to you, it's your Picturesque landscape and the lush green that kept me hydrated on my rides.


Running
I always considered running a herculean task, but you made it look easier and cooler, and with each stride, I created a stronger, faster version of myself. You made it easier for me to be a morning person and each time I hit the track you filled it with young and old.

Did I tell you how explosive it felt to hit the 5 km mark? It was exhaustive but let me also tell you a secret, you made it look like young ladies cheering for me to complete my run. You are so romantic for young and impressionable seeking love.

First book
I always quit halfway through a tale, and I never imagined myself writing a book, okay technically it’s a short novel. But c’mon you but you inspired me to finish a book that has a proper ending. My debut novel is a love story that is all about you.

Did I tell you how much I enjoyed the process of writing it? I don't think it would have been possible without your ambient sounds, those chirping birds and sea breezes early in the morning.
Dance
You are not on par with the Mumbai hip-hop tribe, but you are my ‘Vizag Connection’. You gave me my evening escape

Did I tell you how much alive I felt watching myself in that mirror, practicing for the music and unlearning my dance form each day?

Beach cleaning
On Sunday mornings I was part of a beach cleaning with a few enthusiasts who were ready to roll up their sleeves to clean up your paradise filled with plastic bags, cans, containers, medical waste, needles & surgical instruments that have been harming your ecosystem.

What we have done is minimal and might refill with the overnight tide, but you know what we were up for the next clean-up drive to make you look rejuvenated.

Did I tell I how much rewarding it felt? I was part of something that is- ‘A big impact with small things’.

I may not have been to places you are known for but you have left an enduring impression on me that I would carry for the rest of my life..

I also equally hate you Vizag, the way you ended, the hardest goodbye you left me with, I will hate you for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness