The girl with a pawesome tattoo

It’s the fourth Saturday, yay!!, my rat-racing fat ass finally got some time to write a story. I started to type.

Newton’s first law states that a body stays at rest until and unless an external force acts on it, likewise life goes calmer and ordinary in a single direction until love happens, it is a magical external force that could make one’s life extraordinary.

“Bro she broke up with me”, my friend interrupted.

Damn it, not again, I am just about to write and process a good feel about love and here is my friend standing in front of me with 180 deg flip experience, universe conspiracies with my writing process, I groaned. I closed the laptop lid and turned to him.

“Go on, I am all ears”, I sighed.

“We were in a 2-year relation and now she says that I am not giving her space and it is not working anymore between us”, he said and started to sob.

Poor girl she took this long to figure out, this guy is toxic when it comes to relationships, anyways he is my best friend so I had to listen to what he had to say. Newton also states that for every action there will be an opposite reaction, drawing parallels here, when a love reaction happens it brings the opposite reaction like breakups and heartbreaks.

“Let's drive to the bar”, he said

“I think it will be better off if you calm down and try to rest”, I protested.

“You don't know what it feels like, I wanted to get high right now”

That’s so mean of him, I agree I've never been in a relationship but I don't like sticking that fact onto my face.

“Okay asshole, let’s move”, I said and pulled the jacket I ordered in the recent big billion-day sale, finally I got a chance to wear this. I spend the most time in boxers, a WFH thing you know.

We drove to the nearest bar. Driving a car in city traffic and that too on Saturday night, gosh! why aren't flying taxis here yet?

While my friend continued to go for another tequila shot, I sat on the rotatable chair and kept spinning around, sipping the Nutella thick shake, What else could a teetotaler like me do?

Two girls seated next to me, gossip theory is what unites us humans so I didn't mind listening to their conversation.

She was sipping on her rum and coke and listening to her friend tell her all about her breakup with her boyfriend. "My ex and I were together for 6 years and it's just so hard to get over him", she said "I mean, I saw him when we were going out and now, I've deleted all his pictures and unfriended him on Facebook. I just don't understand how he can be so immature and feel the need to lie to me, I just don't know if I can trust him anymore." The woman replied: "It's normal to be hurt and sad after a breakup but you just have to pick yourself back up. You deserve so much better than what he gave you, you're smart and funny, why would you want to be with someone who doesn't appreciate you?"

She continued, "Tears are an expression of sadness, but also of relief from pain. I heard that crying doesn't help, but I think it does. If you shed enough tears for what you want to happen, it just might."

The woman wiped her tears with a tissue "You're right, I just have to move on".

That piece of advice sounded way informative and made a lot of sense, I immediately turned to my friend and plagiarized it, turns out that really went well, and he seemed a bit relaxed now and I fetched a tissue for him, just mimicking things. This woman is interesting. Maybe I should talk to her, I thought.

I could see a tattoo on her forearm,' read Waffle. Tattoos are special, if someone is etching a name or symbol on their body, it means the world to them. I don't understand hippie tattoos. Anyways, what does this waffle name mean, I wondered.

A quick internet search gave me exotic sandwich photos. I love Sambar but personally, I won't tattoo that. I scrolled further and found a dog pic with the hashtag #wafffle, redirecting to Instagram, a girl posted a selfie celebrating her dog's birthday, and there was a poster that read Waffle.

Alright, so waffle must be a dog's name because it disqualifies it to be a human name. My nickname is Chintu, I will consider that an exception. I hate people calling me by that name.

I was determined to make a conversation with this girl, "the girl with a pawwesome tattoo", but I had to make it right.


I quickly searched for photos in my gallery and found a photo of Lucky. She is a stray dog on my street. I am not a dog person but I feed her daily. I clicked her photo only to test my new phone’s camera. I never thought it would help me like this, bless me, my dear Lucky.

I quickly pushed Lucky's photo onto my smart watch wallpaper and changed my phone wallpaper as well. They say first impression matters, so I am taking my chances.

To my luck the live band just took a break, couldn't be better timing I thought and said “hey hi”, turning towards her. I put my phone and placed my hand on the table visible enough for her to notice.

“I don't think we've met but based on your choice of words I think we did ages ago.” It was my flirt pitch flex.

“Sorry, words?”, she questioned.

“Oh I mean, I overheard the conversation you are having with your friend”.

“Nice, it would be more comfortable minding our own business”, she said and evaded.

“Yes, of course, in case it was age-old plagiarized advice you would give to a friend going through a breakup, I would have easily passed on”.

"So, what makes you think I made it different"?. She questioned.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered how I could comfort my friend by taking alcohol out of the equation at this stage, and here it is.

"Good for you, welcome to my TED talk".

"Making the world a better place one soul at a time", I joked.

"So how many breakups have you been through?", She enquired.

"None, never been into a relationship in the first place. Wait, does that make me disqualified for this conversation?”.

"It depends, what makes you think I will continue this conversation? "

“The bigger possibility of infinity”

“Infinity, What”?

“Ok what’s 1+-1?”, I questioned

“Zeroo”

“Now add a +1 to that”

“1, what are you trying to say? she questioned exhausted

“If you do that infinite times, the answer to that would be 1 or 0 right?”

“Yeah you will end up with either 1 or 0, obviously you can’t predict”

“Exactly, I'm just taking my chances, see just like we had a 10 min conversation”

“A bigger possibility of infinity gives me an intuition this will be an hour-long conversation”, I flirted.

“One way to find out”, she said raising her glass and gesturing for a toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness