My cute/annoying nephew

Newborns are cute, and we all know that. But what about teenagers? They can be a bit funky and weird, but they're okay. And the ones between 5-13? Oh gosh, these guys can be an absolute nightmare. Let me tell you why.

These toddlers are cute, and this statement doesn't hold true every time, it's because they are built that way, they are a duality in nature: they are cute and annoying at the same freaking time. It's like they know how to push all of our buttons and they do it on purpose!

If you break down a computer to a molecular level, it essentially works in binary form. At any given time, it can either do 1 or 0, but supercomputers can do both 1 and 0 simultaneously. Likewise, these kids do the cute stuff and are annoying simultaneously.

I have a nephew. He is 10 years old and 10 times more annoying than any other kid I know. The only time I feel cute about him is when he goes to bed and slips into sleep like a baby. But for the rest of the day, he's like a screaming alarm clock that never stops.

My nephew's energy levels are out of this world! He's always so excited and playful, and he seems to expend all his energy in a matter of minutes like an electron excited to a higher level band of energy. His white school uniform always ends up looking like a dirty rag by the end of the day. I challenge all detergent companies to try making my nephew's clothes look clean!

It's a big hassle for us to make him do his homework - I'd rather compete in a hacking marathon and win it. His summer projects are a whole new unpaid task for me. I had to make an artificial satellite by watching YouTube tutorials, and I'm glad it turned out okay in the end.



The other night, I was waiting at the station and I saw the cutest little girl. She was probably around 10 years old and she was dressed in the most unique and adorable way. She was wearing tortoise full-rim round glasses (you know, the nerdy type glasses), a turtle neck full-sleeve shirt, black leggings with a Micky Mouse theme, and white loafers. It looks like Steve Jobs got an IG filter.

She carried a little purse that probably held this little princess's treasure. The compact, fully-leathered duffel bag she had on her back added a layer to her fashion choice.

They say a smile from a child is like sunshine and rainbows, and this kid proves it all. Her Duchenne smile had so much energy that it excited the photons in the flickering light of the Colgate ad board that was hovering around the loose bolt at the stall nearby.

She taunted her younger brother who was picking up the chocolate that he had just dropped onto the ground while unwrapping the share of happiness he tucked in his pocket. It kind of reminded me of my elder sister who nags me all the time.

Bored by the delay of the train, she played some music from her father's phone speaker. It wasn't audible enough from the distance I stood from her, but by watching all her moves, I figured out that she is a soul and any music could twist around to blend with her rhythm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness