Evening at Salon

This evening, I was sitting in a salon that I always prefer to visit. Not because that anna does the exact cut the way I want it, but because he sets the whole atmosphere with a 90s playlist and discusses current affairs, movie reviews, cricket analysis, and more.

Although I often find his views distorted and incorrect, I just nod and listen to what he has to say. Listening to people is my superpower, no matter what the topic.

While waiting for my turn for a haircut, I decided to open my Kindle app and started reading a fictional spy novel series set in Syria. The first 100 pages I read earlier were a bit boring as they were just setting up the characters and context.

Anyway, I continued from where I left off and found myself on a page where a Nazi official explains with pride how he used to terminate Jewish people to an Israeli spy walking in the old streets of Damascus. It felt a little bit odd that I was sitting in my comfort zone - with AC, music, and a cozy chair - while reading about these horrible incidents.

Salon anna interrupted my reading to let me know it was my turn. He asked what I was reading, I was sure he would have had his own theories about Hitler too, so I simply told him I was reading about how RRR won an Oscar, he still believes in the theory of an 80 crore campaign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pellichupulu Date

Love in inverted schedule

Packing Happiness